WHAT IS TRACTION ALOPECIA?
What does it mean when you say Traction Alopecia?
Well, the word traction says it all. Traction Alopecia means over pulling of hair from its hair-line.
WHAT CAUSES TRACTION ALOPECIA?
Traction Alopecia is a type of Hair Loss that happens overtime which means that it is not instant like other type of Hair Loss. Putting too much tension on the hair can cause you to have this kind of Hair Loss.
The following are pretty much the examples of habits that you do that over pull your hair from its hair-line:
- Tight braids
- Hair Weaves
- Very tight ponytails/pigtails
- Trichotillomania (an emotional condition of repeated pulling of hair with hands)
- Repeated use of Hair rollers
- Tight Hair pieces
- Headbands (even the fabric ones)
- Certain hair clips that are placed repeatedly on a certain part of your head
These are just some of the habits of Women today that cause them to suffer Traction Hair Loss.
Luckily, if there are causes of Traction Alopecia there are ways on how you can prevent and cure it: